Britain’s Best Home Cook 2019 – when does it start, who are the hosts and who will be judging?

    0


    BRITAIN’S Best Home Cook, starring much-loved TV chef Mary Berry, will be back on air in 2020 but after Dan Doherty stepped down as a judge following sexual misconduct allegations, who will replace him?

    The upcoming series will be the second season of the BBC contest. Here is what you need to know about the programme…

    Britain’s Best Home Cook
    Britain’s Best Home Cook returns in 2020
    BBC

    When does Britain’s Best Home Cook start?

    Season two of Britain’s Best Home Cook will launch in 2020, however, an exact release has not yet been revealed.

    A spokesperson for the BBC told Eater London: “We’re looking forward to a new series which will be back on air in 2020.”

    The first series of the BBC cooking show wrapped up in June, 2018, with Pippa Middlehurt being crowned the champion.

    Series one was made up of eight episodes, with the contestants competing in a variety of challenges in an attempt to wow the judges.

    Britain’s Best Home Cook
    Dan Doherty (second right) stepped down as judge on Britain’s Best Home Cook
    WARNING: Use of this copyright image is subject to the terms of use of BBC Pictures' Digit

    Who are the judges of Britain’s Best Home Cook?

    Mary Berry, who previously fronted the hit baking contest The Great British Bake Off, is expected to return as a judge this season.

    Her colleague and East Well for Less? presenter Chris Bavin is also likely to reprise his role as a judge.

    However, Dan Doherty will not star in series two, as he announced in January, 2019 he was stepping down.

    His decision to take a break from the show was made after The Sun reported he had been plagued by sexual harassment claims.

    Britain’s Best Home Cook
    Claudia Winkleman hosted the first series of Britain’s Best Home Cook
    BBC Press Release

    Has Dan Doherty quit as a judge on Britain’s Best Home Cook?

    Yes! The TV chef had reportedly been dropped from the show after sexual misconduct allegations were made against him.

    Dan had allegedly been banned from his own Royal Oak gastropub for a mouth amid an investigation into claims he asked a female member of staff to perform a sex act on him.

    Following the reports made by The Sun, the food author confirmed he would not be appearing in the new series.

    In a series of tweets on January 28, 2019, he said: “In the wake of the recent newspaper reports, I’ve decided to step away from series two of Britain’s Best Home Cook. I loved my experience on the show and wish it every continued success.”

    Britain's Best Home Cook
    Dan Doherty of Britain’s Best Home Cook pictured second right
    WARNING: Use of this image is subject to the terms of use of BBC Pictures' Digital Picture

    He later added: “I want to say sorry. There are mistruths in what was published but I have made mistakes, mistakes I truly am sorry for.”

    At the time, The Royal Oak, in London’s Marylebone, said Dan, a divorced father of one, was no longer working there.

    The BBC has not yet revealed who will replace him but a spokesperson said they would be appointing a new judge.

    A representative told Eater London: “We’ll be appointing a new judge for Britain’s Best Home Cook to join the rest of the line-up.”


    Who is hosting Britain’s Best Home Cook?

    Claudia Winkleman hosted the first series of Britain’s Best Home Cook and she is expected to return to the show next year.

    The Strictly Come Dancing presenter got stuck in during the first series and was seen getting her hands dirty as she assisted the amateur chefs.

    https://players.brightcove.net/5067014667001/default_default/index.min.js



    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here