Canadian police urges public to stay home after possible sighting of mass stabbing suspe

2 mins read


On Sunday, the police found the body of one of two brothers suspected of a mass stabbing attack that left 10 people dead and 18 injured in the province of Saskatchewan. An officer said Damien Sanderson, 31, had injuries that did not appear self-inflicted – but gave no details.

He was found at the James Smith Cree Nation, the indigenous community where most of the victims lived.

Sanderson’s brother Myles is at large and dangerous, police say.

The stabbing spree rocked the usually peaceful province, with police investigating 13 different crime scenes.

CBC News in Canada reported a heavy police presence on the indigenous reserve, about 320 km (200 miles) south of the provincial capital of Regina, as the manhunt for the suspect entered its third day.

However, later, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) said investigators had determined that the suspect, Myles Sanderson, 30, was “not located in the community” of the reserve and that authorities were continuing to search for him.

Hundreds of police officers began an extensive manhunt for suspects Sanderson and his brother Damien Sanderson, 31, after the stabbings.

On Monday police said Damien Sanderson’s body had been found “in a heavily grassed area in proximity to a house that was being examined”.

His injuries were “not believed to be self-inflicted at this point”, police Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore told reporters.

READ MORE: Putin’s troops face wipe out as Ukraine makes ‘significant’ advance

He said in a statement: “Someone out there knows something.

“We beg you to come forward for the sake of the families.”



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from Blog