Mr Biden will join leaders across the world at Her Majesty’s funeral at Westminster Abbey on Monday. However, it had been reported that leaked Government guidance requested leaders travelling to London to abandon their official cars and arrive by shuttle bus.
The official documents, which had been obtained by POLITICO Sunday, requested leaders leave their personal vehicles at a site in west London and attend the funeral in shared coaches.
The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) blamed “tight security and road restrictions” for the measure.
The Prime Minister’s official spokesperson has since confirmed that the UK Government, rather than Buckingham Palace, was in control of the logistical arrangements.
However, they refused to comment on specific details “for operational security arrangements”.
Responding to questions about how Mr Biden might attend the event, the spokesperson added: “I think that would be a question for the US and how they prefer the President to travel.
“I would say that clearly arrangements for leaders, including how they travel, will vary depending on individual circumstances.
JUST IN: Teary-eyed mourners queue through the night to see Queen’s coffin at St Giles Cathedral
“And the guidance and information provided is guidance.”
Timothy Miller, a security specialist and former US secret service agent, added: “The bottom line is the President of the United States would never fly commercial and/or ride on a bus.
“There is a long history of his security being fully accommodated by host nations during these types of events.
“There is no ability for the secret service to compromise his security even for an event like this.”
Mr Biden confirmed his attendance at the Queen’s funeral as he boarded Air Force One on his return to Washington from a visit to Ohio.
He said: “I don’t know what the details are yet but I will be going.”
The 46th US President will join Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, New Zealand premier Jacinda Ardern and their Canadian counterpart Justin Trudeau at Westminster Abbey.
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, Brazilian leader Jair Bolsonaro, Italian President Sergio Mattarella, Irish Taoiseach Micheál Martin and South Korea’s President Yoon Suk-yeol also confirmed they would attend the funeral.
However, the White House also revealed Mr Biden’s predecessors, including Donald Trump, would not receive an invitation to attend the funeral.
White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre instead told reporters that the official invitation from His Majesty’s Government was extended only to the incumbent President and First Lady Dr Jill Biden.
She said: “The invitation was extended to the US government for the President and the First Lady only.”
Following the Queen’s death last Thursday, Mr Trump joined ex-Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage on GB News.
Boris Johnson shares touching details of final meeting with Queen [PICTURES]
Angela Levin joins growing calls for Camilla’s title to drop ‘consort’ [COMMENT]
BBC News commentator teased by viewers after Paddington Bear news [INSIGHT]
The 45th President said: “It is a sad day, it’s sad all over the world.
“She was a woman that was just extraordinary, just an extraordinary woman, a great woman.
“Who could be greater than what she’s done?
“She did it so long, so well and never made mistakes, just think about it, right, she never made mistakes.
“She was an incredible person, it’s a very sad day.”
The late Queen’s 70-year reign spanned through the terms of 14 out of America’s 46 Presidents, starting with Harry S Truman.
Her Majesty met with almost every POTUS but did not meet the 36th Commander-in-Chief Lyndon B Johnson.