Meghan Markle and Prince Harry inititally did not have their Netflix documentary in the works, a royal editor revealed. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex each have other projects lined up for themselves. Earlier this year, Meghan worked on an animated series, while Harry was fully involved in the yearly international multi-sport event Invictus Games for wounded servicemen. Their Netflix docu-series about their loves story appears to have taken predecence over their respective projects.
Daily Mail’s Diary Editor Richard Eden said: “The thing to remember is that Harry and Meghan never really wanted to do this project.
“When they signed up for Netflix, it was to make a programme. They had this vision of sort of being like Barack and Michelle Obama and making very worthy documentaries.
“That’s already gone by the by. Harry’s made a programme about his Invictus Project for injured service men. We don’t have a broadcast yet planned for that.
“And Meghan’s big project, which was a children’s animated programme called Pearl, that’s been candled together.”
However, Prince Harry and Meghan’s respective projects appear to have been overshadowed by the upcoming Netflix docu-series.
“So, the first thing we’re seeing is a reality show, a docu-series about them. This has not been made by Archwell. This is very much a Netflix project,” Mr Eden said, insisting the couple have not had a say over the series production.
“For everyone, you can imagine Harry and Meghan being nervous about the reaction.”
Very little information has been revealed about the Netflix docu-series, which could see the light of the day as soon as December 8, according to industry insiders.
READ MORE: Meghan and Harry’s Netflix series won’t include the Royal Family
Netflix reportedly paid a staggering $100million on the series, which is expected to give royal fans a new perspective on the couple’s love story.
The series, which will showcase the royals’ love story, is reportedly going through changes, with an unnamed source telling Page Six the docu-series was once called “Chapters”. The new title has not yet been made public.
The Sussexes had previously dropped the project’s original director, Garrett Bradley, over disagreements and brought in Liz Garbus instead.
In an interview with Variety, Meghan praised Liz Garbus who she has entrusted with the project: “It’s nice to be able to trust someone with our story — a seasoned director whose work I’ve long admired — even if it means it may not be the way we would have told it. But that’s not why we’re telling it. We’re trusting our story to someone else, and that means it will go through their lens.”
Doria Ragland ‘leans over Meghan’ in new photo with Archie [REPORT]
Prince Harry handed route back to Royal Family life [REPORT]
Meghan Markle glamorous in green dress talking at Power of Women event [REPORT]