Meghan Markle has paused the release of her Spotify podcast, Archetypes, for the duration of the mourning period for the Queen. Three full episodes of the audio series have been released since its launch on August 23, featuring conversations with veteran tennis player Serena Williams, pop star Mariah Carey and actress and producer Mindy Kaling. Royal expert Neil Sean has claimed the insight would be “gold dynamite”.
Speaking on his YouTube channel, he said: “I’ve been told clearly by a very good source that they wouldn’t mind in a very, tasteful and respectful way, Meghan’s take on all the royal events of the last week possibly leading right up to next Monday.
“As you can imagine this would be gold dynamite. The sort of thing that people do download for the streaming services.
“There you have potentially a very senior member of the British monarchy right in the thick of it giving their ringside view.
“No word yet even though we’ve put a call in.”
READ MORE: Royal Family unites in solemn display for Queen as thousands queue
He added: “Given the fact that Harry and Meghan seemingly want to plough ahead with their independent life, in order to keep the money coming in one has to take this particular story rather seriously.”
Meghan and Harry signed a lucrative deal with the audio streaming giant to host and produce podcasts, estimated to be worth around 25 million US dollars (£18 million), in late 2020.
A message on the podcast’s Spotify page said: “New episodes of Archetypes will be paused during the official mourning period for Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II.”
A period of “royal mourning” will continue until seven days after the Queen’s funeral on Monday, September 19.
Episodes have featured titles such as The Duality Of Diva and The Misconception Of Ambition.
It comes after Harry paid an emotional tribute to his late grandmother on Monday, thanking the Queen for her “sound advice” and “infectious smile”.
In a statement, he also described her as a “guiding compass” through her commitment to service and duty.
The statement came two days after the duke and Meghan joined the new Prince and Princess of Wales at Windsor Castle on Saturday.