Monster husband faces life in jail after murdering 'beautiful' wife

3 mins read

An evil husband faces life in prison after killing his wife and the mother of their child. Matthew Fisher, 29, today admitted the murder of Abi Fisher, whose body was found in undergrowth near Brierley, South Yorkshire.

Leeds Crown Court heard today how Abi, a teacher, had died as a result of strangulation between July 7 and July 10 this year. It happened months after Abi had given birth to her and her husband’s daughter, who was conceived through IVF.

Addressing Fisher, his honour Judge Tom Bayliss QC said: “You have pleaded guilty to the murder of Abi Fisher. The sentence for murder is fixed by law to be imprisonment for life and in due course, I will pass a sentence of life imprisonment upon you.

“It is necessary for a judge sentencing to set a minimum term which cannot be reduced and the minimum period before which the Parole Board will be able to decide when you are fit to be released. Whenever that is, and it is to that end that I am adjourning. The sentence will be life imprisonment, come what may. You will be sentenced on the 10th of November. There are certain matters that need to be considered before then but by then I will be in a position I hope to sentence you.”

Speaking after Abi’s body was found on July 10, her distraught family called her a “beautiful angel,” Yorkshire Live reports.

In an emotional tribute released via police, the family said: “Words cannot describe how utterly devastated we are at the loss of you.

“We miss you dearly. We promise to make you proud every single day, and will continue to bring up your amazing little baby girl the way you would.

“Heaven may have gained an angel but we have lost you and that for us seems like the most unjust act to happen. We as a family would like to thank every single person who showed enough heart and love to look for our precious angel. Words will never describe how much this means.”

Abi was last seen leaving her home in Castleford, West Yorkshire, on July 8 around midnight but did not tell anyone where she was going.

Officers launched a missing person’s investigation and found the mum’s body two days later.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from Blog