William, Charles and Camilla rush to Balmoral to comfort Queen after fresh health scare

4 mins read


Clarence House confirmed the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have travelled to Balmoral, while Kensington Palace said the Duke of Cambridge was making his way to his grandmother’s residence. The Queen’s eldest son Charles and wife Camilla were staying nearby on Birkhall and are now with the Queen. 

A Clarence House spokesperson said: “Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have travelled to Balmoral.”

The Duchess of Cornwall had been scheduled to open a new visitor centre for the Great Tapestry of Scotland in Galashiels, in the Scottish Borders, on Friday.

However, a royal spokesperson said that both she and the Prince of Wales had travelled to Balmoral, and it was “looking more likely” that the engagement would be cancelled.

A Kensington Palace source confirmed William’s movements.

The Queen’s daughter Princess Anne has also made her way to her beloved mother’s residence, while Prince Andrew and the Earl and Countess of Wessex are also on their way to Balmoral.  

It comes after Buckingham Palace said the Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral with doctors concerned for her health. 

The monarch, 96, pulled out of a virtual Privy Council on Wednesday, a day after appointing Liz Truss as the new Prime Minister at her home in the Scottish Highlands.

A Palace spokesperson said: “Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision. The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral.”

Britain’s longest reigning sovereign and the world’s oldest monarch has been suffering from what Buckingham Palace has called “episodic mobility problems” since the end of last year.

She has been forced to cut back on her public engagements since then and on Wednesday cancelled a planned virtual meeting with senior ministers after being advised to rest by her doctors.

Buckingham Palace said in a statement: “Following further evaluation this morning, The Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision.

“The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral.”

A palace source said immediate members had been informed and played down speculation that the monarch had suffered a fall.

Ms Truss said the whole country would be deeply concerned by the news.

She said: “My thoughts – and the thoughts of people across our United Kingdom – are with Her Majesty The Queen and her family at this time.” 

MORE TO FOLLOW 



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Latest from Blog